DECISIONS OF THE JERUSALEM PATRIARCHATE HOLY SYNOD
On Tuesday, 2nd/15th August 2047, the assembly of the Holy Synod of the Jerusalem Patriarchate chaired by His Beatitude the Patriarch of Jerusalem Theophilos, discussed matters related to the Patriarchate and decided as follows;
- The appointment of Archimandrite Kallistos as the Hegoumen of the Holy Monastery of Praetorion – Christ’s Prison, and as serving Priest at Gethsemane – the Theotokos’ Tomb.
- The appointment of Dragouman Archimandrite Mattheos as Hegoumen of the H. Monastery of Saint Charalambos.
- The appointment of Archimandrite Parthenios as serving Priest of the Monastic Church of Saints Constantine and Helen.
- The ordination of Mr. Ilias Zorob as Deacon, followed by his ordination as Priest in order to minister at the Greek-Orthodox Arab-speaking Community of Beit-jala.
- The ordination of Deacon Demetrios Hanna as Priest, in order to minister at the Holy Archdiocese of Qatar.