DECISIONS OF THE HOLY AND SACRED SYNOD OF THE PATRIARCHATE OF JERUSALEM (21-8/3-9 2015)
The Holy and Sacred Synod of the Patriarchate of Jerusalem convened under the Presidency of H.B. Theophilos, our Father and Patriarch of Jerusalem, on Thursday, August the 21st/September the 3rd 2015. The Synod addressed issues of the Patriarchate and reached the following decisions:
- The Most Reverend Isychios, Metropolitan of Kapitolias, His Eminence Aristarchos, Archbishop of Constantina, and Mr Yangou, Professor of Canon Law at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, are to represent the Patriarchate of Jerusalem at the fifth Pre-synodical Pan-Orthodox Conference scheduled to take place at the Centre of the Ecumenical Patriarchate in Chambésy, Geneva, in view of the Great Synod of Orthodoxy in 2016.
- Mr Demetrios Lykoudis, novice monk and Professor of Philology and Theology, is to be appointed as Principal at the Patriarchate’s Hieratic School in Sion.
- Archimandrite Sophronios is to be appointed as Hegoumen at the Patriarchate’s Greek Orthodox Arabic-speaking Community in Reine near Nazareth.
- The ordainment of monk Synesios in the rank of deacon is approved.
- Former Principal, f. Nikolaos Zervis, is to be appointed as Teacher at the Patriarchal School in Sion.
From the Secretariat-General