DECISIONS OF THE HOLY AND SACRED SYNOD OF THE PATRIARCHATE OF JERUSALEM
On Monday, September 25/ October 8, 2018, the Holy and Sacred Synod, chaired by H.H.B. our Father and Patriarch of Jerusalem Theophilos took under consideration many topics and decided the following;
- Approved the ordination of Mr. Tziries Mahamre to Deacon, and in due course to Priest, in order to minister the congregation in Jordan.
- Approved the ordination of Mr. Savvas Mahouli to Deacon, and in due course to Priest, in order to minister at the congregation of the Patriarchate in Tarsiha.
- Decided the sentence of deposition for Priest Demetrios Mousa until his innocence is proven.
- Approved the undertaking of a Post Graduate Degree by His grace Archimandrite Modestos at the University of Tessalonica, under the condition that he returns to the Hagiotaphite Brotherhood after his studies.
- Approved the ordination of Deacon Styllianos Tsougas to Priest, in order to continue his ministry at the congregation of Qatar.
- Appointed the Most Reverend Metropolitan Benedict of Philadelphia President of the Ecclesiastical Court of First Instance, and members of the court will be the Most Reverend Archbishop Philoumenos of Pella and Priest Issah Mousleh.