DECISIONS OF THE HOLY AND SACRED SYNOD OF THE JERUSALEM PATRIARCHATE MAY 2018
On Tuesday May 2/15, 2018, the Holy and Sacred Synod chaired by H.H.B. our Father and Patriarch of Jerusalem Theophilos decided the following;
- Designated Archimandrite Christophoros Archbishop of Kyriakoupolis and Patriarchal Representative in Amman of Jordan.
- Designated Archimandrite Aristovoulos Archbishop of Madaba and Patriarchal Representative at the Shrine of Madaba in Jordan.
- Appointed the Most Reverend Metropolitan Benedict of Philadelphia Hegoumen of the Shrine of the Lord’s Baptism at the East Bank of the River Jordan.
- Designated Geronda Secretary-General Archbishop Aristarchos of Constantina with the duties of the Patriarchal Commissioner.
- Appointed Archbishop Philoumenos of Pella Head of the Holy Monastery of the Sacred Cross in West Jerusalem.
- Appointed Archimandrite Raphael Patriarchal Representative in North Jordan based in the town Irbet.
- Appointed Archimandrite Polykarpos Sacristan of the Basilica and the God-receiving Cave of Bethlehem.
- Appointed the Most Reverend Archbishop Theophylactos of Jordan President of the Ecclesiastical Appeal Court and the Most Reverend Archbishop Aristovoulos of Madaba with Fr. Galaktion as members.
- Appointed Archimandrite Euphrosynos Hegoumen of the Greek Orthodox Community in Haifa.
- Appointed Hierodeacon Eulogios Deacon in the Metropolis of Amman.
- Appointed Priest Nikolaos ministering Priest at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Appointed Archimandrite Klavdios Hegoumen of the Greek-Orthodox Community in Karak of Jordan.
- Appointed Archimandrite Innokentios Head of the Metochion-parish of the Greek Orthodox Community of Main in Madaba of Jordan.
- Appointed the Hegoumen of the Holy Monastery of the Shepherds Archimandrite Ignatios also Hegoumen of the Community of Beit Jalla.