HIS BEATITUDE BLESSES CONCERT BY MUSIC SCHOOL OF ALIMOS AT HOLY ZION PATRIARCHAL SCHOOL
On the evening of Tuesday, the 16th/29th of December 2015, the Instrumental Byzantine Group of the Music School of Alimos, under the direction of Ms Ioanna Angelou, performed at the hall of events of the Patriarchal School of the Holy Zion.
The concert was blessed by the presence of His Beatitude Theophilos, Patriarch of Jerusalem, accompanied by the President of the School Board and Elder Sacristan, Archbishop Isidoros of Hierapolis, the Patriarchal Commissioner, Metropolitan Isychios of Kapitolias, the Elder Secretary-General, Archbishop Aristarchos of Constantina, Metropolitan Joachim of Zambia, Archbishop Makarios of Qatar, and other Hagiotaphite Fathers.
Also in attendance were the representative of the Greek Consul-General to Jerusalem, Mr Vasilios Koinis, and the former Principal, f. Nikolaos Zervis, now Education Counsellor to His Beatitude.
The members of the Byzantine Group, performing musical instruments, sang Christmas carols from various areas of Greece, moving the souls of those gracing the event by their presence, conveying the message of love and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ, incarnate in human form for us.
Christmas Apolytikion (Dismissal Hymn)
1) Byzantine Christmas Carols “Beginningless God”.
2) Carols from Cerasus, Pontus.
3) Propontis Christmas.
4) Christmas Carols from Asia Minor-Smyrna.
5) Christmas Carols from Moreas.
6) Christmas Carols from Crete.
7) Christmas Carols from Samos.
8) “Theophany” from Patmos.
9) Church Carols – Engomia of St Basil, Farasa, Cappadocia.
10) Nocturnal Carols from Rhodes.
11) New Year praises from Chios.
1) “Constantis the Only Son”, acritic song from Thrace.
2) “Ekaen kai to Tsampasin” from Pontus.
3) «Karavi karavaki” from Constantinople.
On the conclusion of this humble event, His Beatitude extended thanks to the Music School of Alimos for its contribution to the Byzantine music tradition and praised Ms Angelou and the members of the Music School for their excellent performance.
From the Secretariat-General