DECISIONS OF THE HOLY AND SACRED SYNOD OF THE PATRIARCHATE OF JERUSALEM
The Holy and Sacred Synod of the Patriarchate of Jerusalem convened under the Presidency of H.B. Theophilos, our Father and Patriarch of Jerusalem, on the 10th/23rd of June 2014. The Synod addressed issues of the Patriarchate and took the following decisions:
- To appoint the Most Reverend Isychios, Metropolitan of Kapitolias, as President of the Committee of Finances, whilst he maintains his position as Patriarchal Commissioner.
- To appoint His Eminence Methodios, Archbishop of Tabor, as President of the Elections Committee.
- To appoint Archimandrite f. Ieronymos as President of the Committee of the Patriarchate’s Arab-speaking Schools in the West Bank.
- To appoint Archimandrite Christophoros as spiritual guide and pedagogue of St Demetrios Patriarchal School and the rest of the Arabic Schools; and to promote Hieromonk Athanasios Kakis to the rank of Protosyncellus, henceforth appointed as vicar in Gerash and at the Holy Monastery of the Life-Giving Spring in Dibin, under the pastoral jurisdiction of the Patriarchal Commissioner in Northern Jordan, His Eminence Philoumenos, Archbishop of Pella.
- To appoint Archimandrite f. Stephanos Candlesh as vicar in the Patriarchal Community of Qatar.
- To ordain as priest Hierodeacon f. Thaddaeus, now serving in the All-holy Church of the Resurrection.
From the Secretariat-General